Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

what is the reference for Einstein is quoted as having said

what is the reference for Einstein is quoted as having said that if he had one hour to save the world he would spend fifty-five minutes defining the problem and only five minutes finding the solution. This quote does illustrate an important point: before jumping right into solving a problem, we should step back and invest time and effort to improve our understanding of it. Here are strategies you can use to see problems from many different perspectives and master what is the most important step in problem solving: clearly defining the problem in the first place.

I have thirty days unlimite quiestions
Hello, welcome to Just Answer. I am not sure the question/problem is well defined :). I will assume you want the list of techniques? If so you can find them at this link.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What year he quoted this?
That i can't say. He was not a book writer, most of the quote where from correspondence or press interview. Because it reference "end of the world", i would place this between 1939 and 1945 as nuclear weapon were quite in the air at this time but it's just educated guess from me. You may be able to dig it from this: