Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I have 3 boxes of Noritake Argonne Platters and dinnerware

I have 3 boxes of Noritake Argonne: Platters and dinnerware I know it is very h ard to find...do not know the value and I wish to sell can you help me??
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi Customer, and welcome back to Just Answer.

I've located the Noritake Argonne pattern at the auction site, below. You will need to register for a free trial membership in order to see the prices that were paid or are being asked, for the dinnerware.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/set-of-dinnerware-the-argonne-by-noritake

A set of Noritake Argonne dinnerware, including extras, was sold at auction a few years ago on this site for $110:
http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=488&aid=8774&lid=2442610

Due to the rareness of this pattern and age of the dishes, I'm sure an entire set, as you describe having, is worth much more than what this one above, sold for. However that set did have some chips/imperfections. If yours is in perfect condition, it would bring a higher price.

At this particular point, your best course of action might be to have an experienced, licensed appraiser come to your home to look at your pieces in person, and let you know the value of your dinnerware. After you know this, you can offer it for sale at an auction site online, or at an antiques store in your local area.

Because the replacement sites do not have seem to have any of this pattern in stock, you might also consider offering it for sale to them, as it seems to be in demand and that would drive the price up.

I wish you much good luck!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher