A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

Do you have an expert on locating topics in Bible scriptur

Do you have an expert on locating topics in Bible scripture?
Category: General
Expert:  Donna-moderator replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I will go ahead and try to find a Bible Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green “Accept” button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is also appreciated. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I truly don't know if we have such an expert or not, and surely you aren't interested in paying $10 to learn if we do Smile

If you will state specifically what you are looking for in the Bible so that all experts coming to this forum can see the question, you are more likely to find an answer to whatever passage you are looking for.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I pay an unlimited monthly fee. I am looking for some scripture that talks about God giving someone a talent and them not using it. I found the scripture in Matthew that talks about God giving you a gift and you not using it, but I really wanted to see if I could find something that was truly about a talent, skill, ability, etc.

In ancient times a talent was a coin roughly equivalent to about 20 years' earnings for a laborer if it were a gold talent (as opposed to silver or other metal that were less valuable). The parable of the talents is in Matthew 25:14-30 and Luke 19:12-28. The word talent is not meant to be taXXXXX XXXXXterally. The parable just means that we should use whatever God has given us and not bury it as the man with one talent did. The King James Bible uses the word talent, but more contemporary translations may use "gift" or "gold." The meaning of the parable is the same, just the words are different.

A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience: 30 years in research