A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

I believe that Col. Lemat and Gen. Beaureguard were related.

I believe that Col. Lemat and Gen. Beaureguard were related. The Gen. was the Col. father-in-law?
My wife's Grandmother was a Lemat. She told us her father's great uncle was Col. Lemat.
The time line would be about right as she died 10 years ago at 93. The Lemat family was from Bordeau France.
Category: General
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. LeMat married Justine Sophie Lepretre, a daughter of Jean Lepretre and Marie Sophie Andry. Justine and Gen. P. G. T. Beauregard were cousins. That makes Beauregard and Lemat cousins-in-law.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Were they related thru the Lepretre or Andry family? Is Jean's Mother a Beauregard or Marie Sophie's Mother a Beauregard?

Neither mother was a Beauregard. Gustav Beauregard and Sophie Lepretre weren't first cousins. Trying to untangle Creole relationships is a handful, since relationships several times removed are still counted as "cousins."

A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience: 30 years in research