TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

Car dealer formula for arriving at trade difference dollars.

Car dealer formula for arriving at trade difference dollars. does he use his retail and your wholesale cost?....Jim
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,
Walter
Moderator
Hello, Most dealers use a wholesale "black" book to value your trade-in and their car is valued at retail and sometimes as much as 10% more then retail if it is a popular model. Unless your car is prefect condition it usually will be worth less than retail. Best way to value the detail is to check what average retail in on a site like Kelley http://www.kbb.com/?psid=3-1346-45064-5158-26148-1&sissr=1&siomid=SI_213000507_26758165_1 and value yours at private party sale and if the difference is close to the price the dealer is offering than it is probably a good deal. You can usually do a little better by selling your trade-in yourself but it may not be worth the hassle. Thanks Tom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience: Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.