atluriram
atluriram, Research Analyst
Experience:  MASTER OF COMMERCE, BACHELOR OF LAWS, P.G. DIPLOMA IN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT AND INDUSTRAL COUNSELING
Type Your Question Here...

What is the purpose of filling out a small estate affidavit

What is the purpose of filling out a small estate affidavit if your "asked" to change the account to your name and social security number in order to sell the shares for your benefit.
Category: General
Expert:  atluriram replied 3 years ago.

atluriram :

Sir/madam

atluriram :

I hereby submit the answer

atluriram :

with regards

atluriram :

atluri ramesh

atluriram :

-------------

atluriram :

The small estate affidavit allows entitlement to a person to receive the possession of the property held with the deceased (i.e. in your case spouse). It is without formality of the probate. In the affidavit, the individual must identify any other claimants too (ff any). The Affidavit must be signed and sworn before the notary of the state where it is going to be filed.

atluriram :

REFERENCE :

Customer :

Is it necessary to have the account name and SS# XXXXX to your name in order to closed it out if you already have filled out a small estate affidavit

atluriram :

Sir/madam

atluriram :

The person who is the legal heir of the deceased should submit such affidavit and should give the details of the account name and SS of the entitled person.

atluriram :

When already filed the Small estate affidavit, no further details required

Customer :

The question remains. Must you, as the new recipient, have the deceased's account changed into your name if the small estate affidavit has been properly filled?

atluriram :

Sir/madam

atluriram :

Please note that the recipient who is legal heir of the deceased should submit small estate affidavit giving his/her details of account name and SS. For example if wife has died without will, the husband can submit small estate affidavit.

Customer :

Is the small estate affidavit just for the purpose of giving needed information or for by passing legal changes in the formentioned account

atluriram :

It is without formality of the probate. The legal changes are to be effective by giving such affidavit

atluriram, Research Analyst
Experience: MASTER OF COMMERCE, BACHELOR OF LAWS, P.G. DIPLOMA IN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT AND INDUSTRAL COUNSELING