Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
21042015
Type Your Question Here...

Hi is anyone there to help me with a question about the US

Hi is anyone there to help me with a question about the US College academic school year?
-Frank
Category: General
Expert:  dannyo600 replied 3 years ago.
What precisely is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi D. WINOGO ESQ.,

My question is not a legal question so maybe there is someone else who is more qualified to answer it, or maybe you can still do it. Here is my question with a little background.

I am releasing an iPhone App next year and I want to coordinate the release with the first day of school for most US high schools and colleges/universites.

I know that high schools and colleges/universities have their first day of class on many different days. So what I want to do is determine the best time to release the App.

My question is this: At what point in 2011 will aprox. 50% of US high schools and colleges/universties have started thier academic year. And at what day will aprox. 90% of all US high schools and colleges/universities have started their school year. (And lastly, maybe you can let me know the very last start dates for US schools.)

Perhaps there is a better way to answer my question based upon the data.

I'm here if you need more clarification.

Thanks,
-Frank
Expert:  dannyo600 replied 3 years ago.
That is a great question to which I do not have the answer. I am going to opt out and see if we can;t get this question redirected to an expert who can assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for you understanding.

. . . standing by.

-Frank
Expert:  Tyler replied 3 years ago.
Hi Frank, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

I was delighted to do a bit of research for you on this question and found some information I think you'll find helpful. What I did was get a cross-section of the largest (by 2010 enrollment stats) major US universities, private and public, located in all four corners of the country. What I found was the majority of Universities begin on August 22, 2011. Most of these schools were in the south. Many of the more northern schools start a bit later with dates ranging from 8/29 to 9/6. September 6 was the latest start date I found for any school. Here is the breakdown if you're interested, listed by date:

University of Florida: 8/22

University of Southern California: 8/22

Penn. State Univ.: 8/22

Univ. of Central FL: 8/22

Univ. of South FL: 8/22

Univ. of TX: 8/24

Texas A&M Univ.: 8/29

XXXXX XXXXX Univ.:8/29

Michigan State Univ.: 8/31

Ohio State University: 9/5

University of Minnesota: 9/6

New York Univ.: 9/6

Boston Univ.: 9/6

High schools are a bit more challenging since they don't often follow a trend relating to region or really anything else for that matter. Most school districts do their own thing. That said, high schools start sooner than colleges and you'll find most have begun classes by Monday, August 15 (some will have started the week before). So to answer your question more directly, from my research, 50% of colleges and most high schools will have started class by 8/22/11 and 90% of colleges will have started class by 9/6/11.

I do hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best of luck on your app! Have a Merry Christmas!

Experience: B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help.

100% satisfied. . .

-Frank