TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

I have acquired a old water driven pump that so far nobody

I have acquired a old water driven pump that so far nobody has ever seen. the inlet connects to a standard hose faucet that drives the paddle wheel inside that turns a shaft which had a sharpening stone (or whatever you to put on the shaft) on it. The water exits through a 2" port.
The pump body is alluminun casting about 6" round and 2 to 3" wide. There are no markings or numbers to be found outside or in. I have taken the 5 screws out that hold the halves together looking for some identifying mark...... nothing. Any ideas? Can I upload a picture to you? thanks, Eugene
p.s. I have taken this to several antique dealers, no luck.
Category: General
Expert:  Donna-moderator replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an on line forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Donna - moderator

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  TaxTom replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Let me see if I can help, please send me a picture. Do you no where this pump was found, farm or industrial? Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This pump came from my uncle who has since died. His wife has know idea where it came from but it has been around at least 25 to 30 yrs. How can I get the picture to you? Is there an e-mail address I could send as an attachment with or an address you would like it sent to? Thanks, Eugene
Expert:  TaxTom replied 5 years ago.
Only the top of the response pad is a paperclip where you can click to attach a picture. Did your uncle live on a farm? Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
pumppumppump Thank you so much for your help. He did not live on a farm, but did frequent many garage and yard sales. The inside of the pump has an eight spoke brass paddle wheel. If it helps, I can separate the halves and send more pictures. I will send some pictures to you. Any problems with them, let me know. Thanks, Eugene
Expert:  TaxTom replied 5 years ago.
Hello, the pictures did not come through can you reduce the size and try again. Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
pump 1
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

pump 2pump 3

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I was unable to go to the pages /links you were referencing because I got a 'dangerous URL removed' notice. Do you know of any books or collector organizations that I could try? I have tried a few search engines and they are not specific enough.

Thanks

Expert:  TaxTom replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Try this site http://www.oldpelton.net/pel12page.html Thanks Tom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience: Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That last website you suggested was very helpful. I found a picture of a pump very similair to mine.I know what it is now and I can go to their links and research further.

Thank you so much for your help.