A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

Got Charge On My Credit Card From Skype And Do Not Have An

Got Charge On My Credit Card From Skype And Do Not Have An Account With Them.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 6 years ago.

Schuyler :

You have placed your question with Just Answer. We are an information service, but we have no affiliation with Skype or a credit card company. I would suggest that you call the credit card company and ask them for more information. The company charging to your account is required to provide a telephone number to refute charges. In fact, you should see it on your credit card statement.

Customer :

I talked to my credit card co.mastercard,they said to get hold of skype,but can not find telephone number to talk with anyone from skype,must have a number to call. credit card co.said they can not get number from skype.

Schuyler :

Isn't the number right next to the charge information on your statement from the credit card company?

Customer :

no

Schuyler :

Here is what they have to say about fraudulent charges (they don't ahve a phone number):

Schuyler :

It is basically to call the credit card company and report that you didn't make the charge.

Customer :

I did.

Schuyler :

The credit card company will then have to investigate, and they will remove it from your bill.

Customer :

Guess I will have to call credit card co once again.

Schuyler :

It is possible that someone has hijacked your credit card number and used it to make fraudulent charges. It's happened to me and it's a real pain, usually involving a new charge card, new number, etc. and they disable the current card.

Customer :

ok what ismy charge to you going to be?

Schuyler :

It says that you offered to pay $38.

Customer :

No not for this info

Schuyler :

I can only tell you what it says you agreed to. There is no one to talk to at Skype. Theye don't have a telephone number.

Customer :

Sorry ,I asked you for a telephone number for skype and did not receive one.

Schuyler :

Amazing. I can't manufacture one. They don't HAVE a telephone number.

Schuyler :

Go to their web site and look for yourself. You can also google the problem and see that customer service problems are common for them.

Customer :

I understand that,but $38.00 for no answer is not acceprctable to me,I`ll give you $10.00

Schuyler :

We cannot "bargain" with a customer after they have made the offer. I am sending this to customer service and they will handle it.

Schuyler :

I see that Customer Service has reduced this to $10. I hope you get the matter with Skype settled as easily.