Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Does anyone have any ideas how to get dark yellow pollen from

Does anyone have any ideas how to get dark yellow pollen from a lily out of light colored (brand new) fleece jacket? I have tried Zout and Clorox Stain Out and it is better but there are gold color staind all over. Is it ruined?
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Because you have already tried the stain remover products, other alternatives include trying an enzymatic detergent and if that doesn't work, applying 99% isopropyl rubbing alcohol, which you can usually obtain from your pharmacy (the typical isopropyl alcohol sold in drugstores is only 70%, because it is diluted with water). However, bringing your new fleece jacket to your local dry cleaner may be your best alternative, since they are experts at stain removal. Also, be sure in advance, that anything you use on the jacket material will be safe and not cause it to deteriorate.

The best way to remove a lily pollen stain right after it occurs, is to shake out the garment immediately, and/or try to remove/lift off as much of the pollen powder as possible, with either a lint roller or sticky tape. Because you have already rubbed in the stain remover, and I'm assuming you washed the jacket and dried it, the stain may be 'set'; however, repeating the process of the stain remover and then washing in an enzymatic detergent or bringing the jacket to your dry cleaner, are your best alternatives.

I hope you are successful in getting the stain out!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Regards,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 12/4/2010 at 5:52 AM EST