A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

Minnie Neiswender was born 1n 1884 and died in 1964 in Geneseo

Minnie Neiswender was born 1n 1884 and died in 1964 in Geneseo , Il. Her husbands name was Bert E. Neiswender. What were her parents names and who were her siblings?
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for requesting me. Was Neiswender Minnie's maiden name as well as her married name? Did she and Bert have children?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Neiswender was Minnies married name. She and Bert had 4 kids. They were Dale, Roy, Robert, and Marie.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have dug and dug to find her maiden name. My only guess is that her maiden name was Redman, but I am not sure and have no clue as of now.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Have you given up?

Sorry for the delay in explaining after opting out. I have a house full of company through the first of the week, so I really don't have the time to devote to the research that I need to spend. That's why I opted out so maybe someone else could help you. If the question is still open Tuesday evening, I may have time then to check. Meanwhile, anyone else is welcome to chime in. I am taking a calculated guess that REDMAN and ERDMAN(N) are the same surname, from West Prussia, with a couple of letters transposed. There were several families in Henry Co., IL using those surnames at the same time, and using similar first names. You may also want to check on whether Leopold (from the last question) was Carl/Karl Leopold if you have any of the German records.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My grandmother was an Erdman. In the cemetary where she is buried with my grandfather, there are Redmans buried there also.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. My guests stayed an extra day.

According to Illinois marriage records, Bert Ellry NEISWENDER married Minnie T. ERDMAN 26 May 1909. The record is found in Henry County, Illinois marriage records, volume 3 p. 169, marriage license # XXXXX This is important because often the couples' parents are listed on the marriage license. I don't have access to the records but you can get them by following the link below. It has all the instructions you will need.

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/archives/irad/refpol.html

County

Title

Begin
Date

End
Date

IRAD
Dep.

Accession
Number

HENRY

MARRIAGE LICENSE APPLICATIONS

1867

1922

WIU

2/0150/03

HENRY

MARRIAGE RECORD

1837

1923

WIU

2/0150/02

HENRY

MARRIAGE RECORD INDEX

1837

1985

WIU

2/0150/01

You can find further Erdman information here: http://sortedbyname.com/pages/e100360.html Use your browser to search for "Henry County."

In the 1900 census, 17-year-old Minnie T. Erdman was a servant in the home of Mr. & Mrs. XXXXX XXXXX in Munson Twp., Henry Co., IL. There were other young Erdmans who were also servants in several nearby townships within Henry Co.

The problem with Minnie being born in 1883 is that she isn't in the 1880 census with her parents, and the 1890 census was almost completely destroyed in a fire. By 1900 she was living on her own. There were too many Erdmans of the same age to determine which ones were her parents. Hopefully, you will find them listed on the marriage license.

A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience: 30 years in research
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
According to Henry County marriage records, Minnie Neiswender's maiden name was Erdman. Her Parents were Leopold and Ottilie. Oh, and guess what? Ottilie's maiden name was Redmann. Thanks for leading me in the right direction. I'll be back.

You are so very welcome. It's good to know that Pauline and Minnie were sisters, so you know some of the siblings. Let me know if I can help further. Thanks so much for the accept and the lovely bonus. Happy holidays!