Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I have white depression crystal and was wondering if its value

I have white depression crystal and was wondering if it's value was.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and welcome to Just Answer.

Can you tell me what piece or pieces you have in the white depression crystal?

Is there a maker's name or stamp on your piece(s)?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Edited by Cher on 12/1/2010 at 2:40 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello. I have 12 tea cups/coffee cups and 12 saucers. They are a translucent white with a gold lining and in perfect condition. Thank you!
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply with additional and helpful information.

Because there were so many pieces made of white depression glass, it is typically not valued that highly. However, because you have a full set of 12 cups and saucers and they are gold rimmed, in excellent condition, a collector might be willing to pay about $50-$100 for the set. This could vary, of course, re: supply and demand, and how many sets like yours are available.

To get the most accurate appraisal, it might be a good idea to have an experienced, licensed antiques glass appraiser come to your home to look at your set and let you know it's present value, or you might consider bringing one of the cups/saucers to an appraiser in your local area.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Edited by Cher on 12/1/2010 at 8:53 PM EST