Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

I found a Terry Bradshaw autographed football at a friend of

I found a Terry Bradshaw autographed football at a friend of mines place of business he has no cert. of auth. with it and wants two hundred dollars for it. Where can i find out if its worth it or not
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Happy Holidays,

Without a certification, it is not wise to pay the price. You can see if your friend is willing to have the autograph Authenticated as there are services that do that for a price. Once the signature is verified, then the $200 price tag would be reasonable. PSA is one of many Authenticators that for a price can verify the signature and give you a letter of Authenification: I would not spend the money without having this done as I have seen many forgies being passed off as originals. This would protect you for future sale and value. Joan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry already knew that part of the question I hate to pay for that. I have pics of football and signature wondered if some one could do anything with them
Expert:  Joan replied 5 years ago.

It takes a hands on look and Experienced eye to discern if this is truly his signature. I do not think we can tell you via a picture and that is why I suggested PSA. They are well known in the sports circles for authentication. I personally learned the hard way. I bought a Nolan Ryan ball with a letter of authenticity from the shop selling it, only to have it sent in for authentication by PSA and have it sent back as a forgery. I understand how you feel, but PSA or any other company that does authentication wants the ball or item in hand. Maybe your friend will allow you to send it off and pay for the authentication and with the understanding, that you will buy it after it is certified. I hate to see anyone loose money in this economy. Joan

Edited by Joan on 11/28/2010 at 11:05 PM EST