Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

Im looking to buy a LCD/LED tv and I was wondering if it might

I'm looking to buy a LCD/LED tv and I was wondering if it might be better to wait till after the holidays. Any opinions about prices of tv's going down even further later?
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
Hello Customer, welcome to Just Answer. It's hard to tell how much lower they will be, but they will be cheaper. As an advice, don't buy one from a company that does not manufacture the TV, there is lot of false TV company that only brand product made with low quality component. Even if they look great (there is not many LCD panel maker in the first place) many internal part have low longevity and bad construction and support/warranty is not great. In other word, count the total ownership cost of the TV and not just the price at the store.

TV manufacturer try really hard to keep their current sale volume. They came with the HD, then the contrast, then the angle of vision, the Hz, the size, the LED backlight and now they push the 3D. They will continue to push feature so this will make the current model you see go down in price.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello Martin, thanks for your answer. I've decided on a Samsung LED, so I should buy directly from Samsung versus a store like BestBuy or Sears?
Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
That is OK (the Samsung LED one). You can absolutely get it from a store.
Martin, Engineer