Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
Type Your Question Here...

What kind of help is available for a women in AntiochCalifornia

What kind of help is available for a women in AntiochCalifornia who recently lost her husband? This woman has only her husbunds SS ( around 1,100). she is in very poor health, can't pay her rent of 1,500 a month. Where do we start there low income housing? finincial assistance, in home heath help? Any information will help us.
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 5 years ago.

It's kind of you to try to help your friend. There is help available. There are several low-income housing assistance programs. There's more information on that here:

You can reach that office by phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
She may also be eligible for food stamps. You can read more here:

Or, she can apply at this office:

4545 Delta Fair Boulevard, Antioch(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
You can read more about the health care programs for low income persons on this site:

What would be best for your friend would be to get a social worker who could coordinate all the services she needs. When she applies for food stamps (or you can call the food stamp office), the staff there will be able to refer her to the appropriate office to try to arrange a worker.

If you have more questions, just let me know by clicking on REPLY. I hope your friend will be able to obtain some much-needed help.

(If you find my answer helpful, please click on the green ACCEPT button. Thank you.)