TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

What % of the U.S. populations lives within 25 miles of the

What % of the U.S. populations lives within 25 miles of the Top 50 largest metropolitan areas? Stated another way: If I were to open a business with 50 locations nationwide picked based upon their proximity to population centers and expected my clients to be willing to travel 25 miles to reach me, what % of people in the U.S. would I be able to market to?
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.

Hello, Approximately 50% of the United States Population lives within these 50 urban areas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

Most are within your 25 miles range but cities like Los Angeles, Dallas and Chicago may be further spread out. Depending on your product a good website can expand your reach another 25%. Thank You Tom