Chris Miller
Chris Miller, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Master's degree in social work, computer knowledge, strong math and science background
22285537
Type Your Question Here...

1) Which of the following is an example of primary data that

1) Which of the following is an example of primary data that would be used by Topps Card Company to determine popularity of its new hologram baseball card series?
a) Data from sales records kept by exclusive dealers of Topp’s hologram series
b) Sales records for baseball cards gathered by the industry’s trade council.
c) Input from focus groups that was put together specifically to discuss their perception of popularity of the hologram card series.
d) An article about the hologram cards in a recent issue of Sports Illustrated
2) The systematic design, collection, analysis, and reporting of data and findings relevant to a specific marketing situation facing the company is termed _______________.
a) Marketing research
b) Top management
c) Marketing intelligence
d) The sales reporting system
3) Small companies can engage is marketing research in a number of creative and inexpensive ways, including _______________.
a) Buying information from database companies like A.C. Nielsen
b) Using an online information service such as the internet
c) Using its own internal marketing research department
d) Setting up their own web site
4) The step in the marketing research process that includes determining who will be sampled is to _______________.
a) Develop the research plan
b) Make the decision based on the project outcomes
c) Collect the information
d) Define the problem and research objectives
5) Rita Jenkins, president of the local Chamber of Commerce, had difficulty getting members to assist in running the organization. She felt it was because of lack of commitment to the Chamber. Her vice-president felt it was due to having too many meetings. The organization’s secretary felt it was because there were several other professional organizations to which the members also belonged. If Rita wants to do research to determine the real reason why members do not want to run for office, she should begin by ________________.
a) Defining the problem
b) Holding focus groups of members of other similar organizations to determine whether the problems the Chamber is facing are universal or local.
c) Developing the marketing research plan that she would employ
d) Evaluating the advantages the Chamber officers over other similar organization.
6) The second step in the marketing research process is ______________.
a) Define the problem and research objectives
b) Collection of the available sources for information needed
c) Decision regarding the research tools and target group
d) Development of the research plan
7) Marketing information systems are developed from internal company records, marketing intelligence, and marketing research.
a) True
b) False
8) Data published by the government and data purchased from outside suppliers can improve the quality of a company’s marketing intelligence efforts.
a) True
b) False
9) The last step in marketing research is developing the research plan.
a) True
b) False
10) Lowe’s home improvement stores strive to have nicer, more knowledgeable salespeople, a better product selection, and to maintain an impeccable image. These are all part of improving the offer via _____________.
a) Increasing total customer value
b) Increasing the service value
c) Reducing the product’s monetary costs to the buyers.
d) Reducing the buyer’s nonmonetary costs
Category: General
Expert:  Chris Miller replied 4 years ago.

HelloCustomer

1. c) Input from focus groups that was put together specifically to discuss their perception of popularity of the hologram card series.

2. a) Marketing research

3. b) Using an online information service such as the internet

4. a) Develop the research plan

5. a) Defining the problem

6. d) Development of the research plan

7. a) True

8. a) True

9. b) False

10. a) Increasing total customer value

Hope this helps!

Chris Miller, Internet Researcher
Experience: Master's degree in social work, computer knowledge, strong math and science background