10cowife
10cowife, Consultant
Experience:  15+ years consulting
42616663
Type Your Question Here...

Do you do geneology research I have a great-greatgrandfather

Do you do geneology research? I have a great-greatgrandfather I'm trying to locate. If you do this kind of search, what do you charge? When I hear from you I can furnish several details about him.

My great-greatgrandfather's name was Joseph Berthold.There are several variations on the last name; Berthole, Berthelot; Berthollet, etc. He was born in France, possibly in the 1790's. A son, Frank Xeres Berthold, was born Dec. 3 i837 in Ettenheim, Ortenaukeis, Baden-Wuettemberg, Germany. That son imigrated to the USA in 1852. It is also that my great-greatgrandfather was a general in Napoleon's army or at least in his army. I want to find information about him & his family & on back as far as it can be traced.

I hope this gives you enough information to find him.
Category: General
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.
Hello! I am an avid genealogist and have researched my family for the past 10 years! Interestingly enough, the surname Bertolette is also in my ancestry but it changed over the years to Bertholet or -- even later -- Bartlett is a variation.

Have you tried doing your own research on Ancestry.com? Also, if you are pursuing your own research, you might try visiting the local Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as they will help you research your ancestors for free and have many records on microfilm that are available in nearly every city nationwide, even small ones! You do not need to be a member of the church to access this service. You simply need to look in your phone book and look for your local Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Family History Library and contact one of the workers there.

Other resources locally include birth and death records requested through the state's health and human services department. This usually costs around $20 for an inquiry or for a copy of a birth or death certificate.

Professional genealogists can be hired through Ancestry.com and are highly recommended.

If you have found this information to be helpful, please accept and leave feedback. If you have further questions regarding this item, please reply.

Also, on Just Answer, we are not allowed to provide any identifying information -- therefore connecting research to you would be exceptionally difficult. I would suggest pursuing the options mentioned above. Census records on ancestry.com contain a wealth of information!

Sincerely,
Lizabeth
10cowife

Edited by 10cowife on 10/25/2010 at 6:46 PM EST
10cowife, Consultant
Experience: 15+ years consulting