10cowife
10cowife, Consultant
Experience:  15+ years consulting
Type Your Question Here...

What is it about local churches that so many misunderstand

Customer Question

What is it about local churches that so many misunderstand Christianity? What can churches do to become a better reflection of Christianity?” Provide two or three specific and practical steps Christians can take to help the church to reflect Christ better within their community/culture. Explain why you think the steps you have provided will help to change the perception of the church within society.
Category: General
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Customer --

I can send this at the same time as the other one if you'd like.

Let me know!

Thanks,
Lizabeth
10cowife
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, that would be great! Thanks!
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.
Will do! Talk to you late tomorrow. :) Lizabeth 10cowife
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Since I can't post attachments. I found a link online that has a similar questions with the attachments needed to site.

http://studentoffortune.com/question/601200/Christianity
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.
This one I'll do first tomorrow and send it as early as I possibly can -- it still might be in the evening. Thanks!! I know how you feel about the overloaded thing..c'est la vie!

Sincerely,
Lizabeth
10cowife
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, again! I really appreciate it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just checking in this morning
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.
Working on it now!!! Will post as quickly as possible. Thanks. Lizabeth 10cowife
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the update. I'm just trying to post as often as I can, so it doesn't close.
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.
Appreciate that!
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.

Customer --

I have completed a document for this set of questions and posted it here. I should be able to get the other document to you later this evening. Since you needed this one first I thought I had better get it posted for you.

If you find it helpful please accept the answer and leave feedback. If you have a problem, please let me know as I am sure we can resolve any issue. As always, a bonus is appreciated.

Thank You,

Lizabeth

10cowife

With the large number of different churches available that are all professing the teachings of Christ there should be no wonder that there are so many misunderstandings about Christianity. If you ask the same question to each sect, or sometimes even to separate congregations within a sect you will get different answers. Something as simple as baptism can lead to long discussions and arguments between the members of competing churches involving who should be baptized, when this should occur, and what the method should be. How can so many churches claim to follow the teachings of Christ, yet teach such different things? This is why there is such a large misunderstanding of Christianity. If the churches ever hope to clear the air and decrease the effects of this lack of understanding their best weapon is to enlist their congregation as representatives of their teachings. For this to work, they need to follow the teachings of Christ in Matthew chapter five verse sixteen where he says "Let your alight so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Some of the things that these people can do to represent Christ by letting their lights shine forth are to protect their families, protect their communities, be honest, and treating all of God's children as brothers and sisters.

First they must protect their families from the evils of the world around because the family is the central point of their lives here on earth. The family provides a strong safe haven for their lives as well as the lives of their children and if we allow the evils of the world to encroach into their homes there is no place for them to retreat to as they rebuild their spiritual strength and recharge their light. This must also be a place where they are able to teach and instruct their children so they can grow up with a strong understanding and knowledge of Jesus Christ and his teachings. The community in which they live must be equally protected as it is an extension of the family as we will get to in just a bit. Having a strong community that follows the tenets of Jesus Christ will allow those who reside there to more easily live the ChristXXXXX XXXXXves they desire as they will have the support and light from others in their community to help them. This demands that they struggle against those who would remove religious influence from society so they are able to shine forth as examples of Christianity. They must also conduct themselves in an honest manner as they will be accountable to God. If they as Christians believe that all will be raised to be judged of God in the end, they will know that even if they are able to get away without being honest in life all of their actions are recorded in Heaven and they will eventually be brought out for judgment. In this manner they will want to be honest for their own sake, but in always being honest they will also show to others they come in contact with how a Christian should act in all situations and thus be a beacon of honesty in their sphere of influence. Lastly they must treat all of God's children as brothers and sisters. As a Christian they should believe that they are children of God brought to live on earth for a time to learn and grow. If they believe that they themselves are children of God, they must also believe that those around them are also. If that is the case, then they are all truly brothers and sisters as children of God. As such they should have the desire to treat each other with the respect and care that they feel a child of God deserves. Another way of putting this is the simplified quote from Matthew 7:12 of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." While this is not a direct quote, if all of those professing to be Christians would follow that advice to the letter a multitude of problems in the world would no longer exist and the bright and shining example that could be seen by others would surely show the rest of the world how Christianity can improve the lives of not only those who follow the teachings of Christ, but also all of those who interact with them.

10cowife, Consultant
Experience: 15+ years consulting
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the accept so quickly! Would it be okay if I sent the other one tomorrow evening since you don't need it until Wednesday?

I am finding myself swamped today.

Let me know!!

Thanks,
Lizabeth
10cowife
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, tomorrow is fine for the other. Thank you very much for the help.
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.
Much appreciated. Lizabeth10cowife
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was asked this question regarding the help you gave me.

how do these changes take place in the church?
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.

Customer --

Here is a short paragraph addressing that question.

Thank You,

Lizabeth

10cowife

These changes need to begin taking place within the families that make up the congregation and then move out from there to the congregation as a whole. To do that the families need to usually back off from at least some of the external activities and spend time together as a family studying the gospel and praying together. In my experience this begins with family scripture study and family prayer once a day. They then need to gather together as a congregation to share the spirit and grow closer through service to each other and the community.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have another question if you are interested. I will post it now. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
After reading Courageous Faith: chs. 1 - 6, choose the Old Testament hero with whom you most identify (in either a positive or negative light). In an original thread, describe how you identify with this hero, highlighting the parallels between their life, circumstances, and relationship with God and your life, circumstances, and relationship with God. As you consider these parallels, reflect upon the way in which the hero's life illustrates possible solutions to your own situation or circumstances. If you have no situation that requires a solution, then reflect upon how the hero's example may enhance your faith and relationship with God (or others). Don't forget to use the questions in the "Ask Yourself" section at the end of each chapter; these may assist you in developing your thoughts for your essay.
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Customer --

Happy New Year! I don't see any other question. If/when you post it, just put "for Lizabeth" and I'll take a look at it as quickly as I can. :)

Thanks,
Lizabeth
10cowife
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.
We must have posted near the same time - I see your note above mine now. :)

I absolutely would be happy to help with that question - how much are you offering for it (it helps if you post it in a new question so I can see the amount as I'm not allowed to negotiate pricing)?

How long does it need to be and does it need references? Also, when is it due?

I already know what to write about... :)

Let me know!

Thanks,
Lizabeth
10cowife
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I apologize i will post as a new question. I need it a week from tomorrow, 350 to 400 words and yes it needs to be citied.. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have the question posted. Thanks! Let me know if $9 is not a fair price for this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm short on funds....I went up to $14 on my new question. Is that okay? I got an email that you wanted the price raised.
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.
I will work it up as quickly as I can. Thanks for the extra funds - that should be sufficient. It's nice that you give me plenty of time and I so appreciate that. :)

Thanks. Talk soon. I will check to see if you listed it in another thread and answer it there if I see it.

Sincerely,
Lizabeth
10cowife
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I have it posted in a new question. If you can't find it let me know and I will send you the link.
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.
Got it, thx!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm fixing to post a new question if you are interested in helping me. It has to do with Online Right Not always Universal. It needs to be at least 300 words with references.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/06/technology/06iht-web.0107msft.html?scp=1&sq=Microsoft%27s%20Shutdown%20of%20Chinese%20blog&st=cse

http://news.com.com/A+cyber+blind=spot+on+human+rights/2010-1028_3-5977410.html