Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

I want information on a 3 qt clear glass bowl with the GE

Customer Question

I want information on a 3 qt clear glass bowl with the GE logo on the bottom. It has no other marks on it.
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 6 years ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer. I might perhaps say more with a picture, but the chance are big this was part of a General Electric stand mixer unit. Those can sell between $12-$30.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your answer, I am sure you are right. It is very old because the glass it discolored and has ridges from where it was cooled when it was made.

Also, the logo is one of the very early ones, very swirly if you know what I mean.

Do you know when the first ones came out?

Expert:  Martin replied 6 years ago.
It's very hard to say for the bowl itself without the mixer. It could be as old as 1950, not much more.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

That sounds right. I was born in 50 so I'll keep it. I just aquired it at an estate sale yesterday. I also bought a pyrex pie plate 208 that I looked up in my book and saw it was possibly as early as 1922. I have several old pyrex. just a hobby.

Thanks so much. I will use this service again, I'm sure.