Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
Type Your Question Here...

what would paintings by Solo Goya be worth if they are real,I

what would paintings by Solo Goya be worth if they are real,I have one that seems to be a King, another that seems to be a Queen,the hair line cracks seem to be very old. Malcom Ginn They are large paintings and [email protected]
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.
Hello Malcom,

Goya paintings can be very valuable - worth millions of dollars. However, most of the ones found today suspected to be his turn out to be the work of lesser artists. There's no way for you or me to know if the paintings are genuine. Complex tests and evaluations must be done to determine the age, the types of paint used, and whether the work is consistent. The testing itself can become expensive. However, if you feel there is a chance you have found genuine Goya works, here is a link to a firm who can determine if they are authentic:

If you have more questions about this, just let me know by clicking on REPLY. Good luck with the paintings.