Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I want to find out if Future MT Inc is a good school for Medical

I want to find out if Future MT Inc is a good school for Medical Transcription. It is rated highly with BBB and it is self pace program for $975.00. Supposedly I can stop and go at my leisure. And to see if Medical Transcription would be a good opportunity? I am trying to find a typist job that I can work from home instead of having to go to an office everyday. I have been an Administrtive Assistant at a University and have worked many years.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

From what I have researched on Future MT, Inc., it sounds like a good program and the best thing about it is that it offers a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. I'm sure there are many 'fine points' to this guarantee, so you would need to read the specifications carefully. Please be aware that it is a highly rated 'business' with the BBB, but not rated as a Medical Transcriptionist school. Another good thing about it, is that they offer a job placement program when you finish the course.

If you are seeking a position which would enable you to work from home, you have many years experience working in an office atmosphere at a University, you are a good typist, and this kind of work interests you, it sounds like it might be a good 'match' for you to begin an education for a new career.

As long as there are people going to doctors' offices, doctors will need their notes transcribed, so the occupation of medical transcriptionist will always be one that is needed by the medical profession.

I wish you much good luck in your future endeavors and hope it works out favorably for you, should you decide to go forward in this field of study!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated. Your positive feedback will also be greatly appreciated. If you need additional information or further assistance, please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Edited by Cher on 10/19/2010 at 10:55 PM EST