Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

why do they usually plant ceader trees in old cemeteries I

why do they usually plant ceader trees in old cemeteries? I think there use to be a saying about this? Thanks Jeff
Hi Jeff, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Cedar trees are typically planted in cemeteries because they are long lived (some up to 200-300 years), hardy, and conical-shaped. They have been called the 'tree of life' and this may have some significance in being planted in cemeteries, signifying life everlasting. I haven't been able to find any sayings about this, but I will continue to research that for you.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT'. Your positive feedback will also be greatly appreciated. If you need additional information or further assistance, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Regards,
Cher