Jesse Handel
Jesse Handel, Scientist
Experience:  B.S. Degree Chem. & Bact. 10 yrs tax preparation.
Type Your Question Here...

I am looking to go back to school and take a welding course

I am looking to go back to school and take a welding course that takes 32 weeks. I was on medical leave for 6 month then was forced into retirement want to know what kind of grants, loans, programs i can get into? I am not working right now and cannot collect unemployment
Category: General
Expert:  Jesse Handel replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for coming to Just Answer. We appreciate the opportunity to help you with your questions. I can't give you specific educational grants and loans that you can qualify for without knowing a lot more specific information about you since there are scholarships for minorities, students that are the first ones in their family to attend advanced learning institutions, veterans' benefits, hobby-based scholarships, etc. Your best source of information to find out what educational benefits you can qualify for is to contact the financial aid office of the college or vocational school you plan to attend, fill out the FAFSA form (this is a long and complicated form that schools and the government use to find out your financial resources and match you with a school. You can get the FAFSA form from the school you intend to attend and you will need the information from your 2009 income tax return to fill out the form. If you had a national tax preparation company do your 2009 taxes (such as H&R Block), their computer can use your information to generate a FAFSA form for you. You just need to contact their summer office and request the form.), and your school will use the FAFSA form to match you with available student funding sources.

I hope this answers your questions. If you would like, we can work back and forth on details and see how many scholarship programs we can find that you might be qualified for, but it's probably easier for you to work through your school if that is possible. Please let me know if you need more information.