Kim D., Consultant
Experience:  Researcher 25 yrs in small and large institutions
49865320
Type Your Question Here...

I have a set of Canonsburg dinnerware, Simplicity pattern.

I have a set of Canonsburg dinnerware, Simplicity pattern. These belonged to my Great Aunt who would have married and gotten these in the late 1800s. They are in great condition, with most pieces. How do I find out the value of these? Thank you.
Category: General
Expert:  Kim D. replied 6 years ago.

Hello - Thank you for your question. These do come up fairly regularly on the online auction histories of the last few years. I find 24 sets in the last few years and the price is fairly stable. Individual plates are 5-7.00, saucers 5.00, creamer and sugar 10-15.00, gravy boat and saucer c.20.00.

Here is a set that I found from 2007 - It had 8 plates and sold for 46.51

8 Dinner Plates - Canonsburg Simplicity - Yellow Rose

Sold For: $46.51 USD - Date: 2/12/07 - Channel: Online Auction - Source: eBay

Back of plates read Simplicity The Hallmark of Quality. Canonsburg.

Another 2006 - 46 pieces - 50.00

GORGEOUS 46 PIECE SET ~ CANONSBURG "SIMPLICITY" CHINA

Sold For: $50.00 USD - Date: 11/3/06 - Channel: Online Auction - Source: eBay

GORGEOUS 46 PIECE SET ~ CANONSBURG "SIMPLICITY" CHINA Description GORGEOUS 46 PIECE SET ~ CANONSBURG "SIMPLICITY" CHINA Description 46 GORGEOUS PIECES

I know that this maybe disappointing but the domestic ware market is fairly vast and prices are low. Best wishes, Dori

PS I hope this information is helpful. As a reminder, press ACCEPT if you are happy with my response, as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research. Positive feedback is always helpful to us as experts at Just Answer, so feel free to add feedback as well! Thank you in advance!