Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

i have two (5 cent hot nut machines) found in the attic. very

i have two (5 cent hot nut machines) found in the attic. very old. they are made of metal and glass dome. a slot for the nickel and a knob to turn to retreive the nuts. any ideas? it has roy stringer on the metal plate and the patent no. is 85108
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 6 years ago.

I have found 1 Hot Nut machine, but without seeing yours it would be impossible to give you exactly the value, but this should give you an idea of what you are looking at: Joan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i looked that machine up on the internet, these machines are much older than that.
Expert:  Joan replied 6 years ago.

I searched all over for an exact match, but if there are none listed, that was as close as I could come to give you a starting point if you were trying to sell them. With Antiques, you need to have a buyer willing to pay the price. The best way to sell those machines, would be through an auction house. They will set a selling point for you since they may have a more accurate appraisal and a clientèle that would be interested in buying. Since I cannot see them and only have the one above as a reference point, the amount that is listed would be a starting point for selling and set a reserve bid. Joan