A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

Complete set of Syracuse China Old Ivory. Mine has a green

Complete set of Syracuse China Old Ivory. Romance pattern  Mine has a green color with gold trim and the cups have double handles. Any idea as to value.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Old Ivory was the back stamp used by Syracuse from 1946 to 1960. It isn't the name of the pattern. Are there any other markings that might help identify which pattern it is?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

That is the manufacturer's mark. Syracuse/O. P. Co. is the same thing. Here is a link to a site that sells replacements for china patterns. As you can see, there are dozens of patterns. Perhaps you can find the one that is yours from among them.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I found pattern on ebay but it has a red color in pattern, mine . cannot find

Sometimes similar patterns would have names like Colony - Red, Colony - Blue, Colony - Green. Did the one you saw on Ebay have a name? The link I sent you contains pictures of almost all of the patterns that Syracuse ever made. Can you post a picture of a plate and I will try to find it for you. You use the little tree icon (between the smiley face and the you tube icon at the top of the reply box.