A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

My question does not really fall into any of the categories

My question does not really fall into any of the categories listed. However, I am going to ask anyway.
Recently I was told that Peroxide could be used rather than Clorox for the same things you use Clorox. Naturally, it is cheaper and does not have the odor. Could you give me some idea if this is correct?

Avie Lumpkin [email protected]

Hello, Avie,

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Peroxide is a mild bleach and can be used to remove some stains. It really isn't less expensive than hypochlorite bleaches though. The 3% that you buy at the pharmacy to clean injuries isn't strong enough to remove stains. You need a higher percentage and that is actually a lot more expensive than using Clorox.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for clarifying the % issue. A long list of items was given to me which stated that peroxide could be used to give results. With your information, I can decide which of those items will not work. Thank you for your expertise. Avie
You're so very welcome. Happy cleaning!