Have you seen this site? LINK HERE
and LINK HERE
to do your own calculcations.
Having said that, it is always a guessing game since you can never know how hungry - or not - the crowd will be. There are some guidelines, though. The list below is what I would do for 175 people. I used to cook for 300 people regularly and never once ran out of food but several times had to send some home with people (but not an overwhelming amount...and it was "in the plan" to have extra). I had an ex-military chef train me on how much per person but it is easy to forget and those sites are so helpful in remembering the guidelines.
1. Hams - boneless spiral hams about 1/4 lb per person with an additional pound for every 4 or 5 people, for extra
2. Meatballs - 3 or 4 meatballs per person (frozen meatball, golfball size)
3. Chicken Tenders - depends on size/length - approximately 2 to 3 per person
4. Red Beans & Rice - 1/2 cup per person
5. Shrimp - 6 to 8 per person, depends on size but this is probably average
6. Mashed Potatoes - 1/2 cup per person. 35 lbs per 100 people for purchasing and use large, russett baking potatoes.
7. Corn - ten #10 cans or approximately 6 gallons.
8. Seven Layer Salad & 9. Broccoli Casserole - since these are generally made in 9 x 13 pans, you could estimate the amount by how much goes into your single casserole recipe. Each single 9 x 13 pan feeds 8 to 10 people (8 for main dish, 10 for a side).
If you find this helpful, please ACCEPT and leave FEEDBACK. It would be appreciated.