Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

What can I do to improve my English Speaking

Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 6 years ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer.

If you are good at writing and reading it, the only thing that remain is to speak it with experienced English speakers. The ideal is to travel or find a job that can bring you in contact with English speakers (like the tourist industry). The best to learn to communicate well in English was for a long time by hanging in chat room, but with free Internet call like Skype and the like, you could always arrange meeting on the Internet with an English speaker that want to learn your Native languages, mutually helping each other.

If you want to hide your accent, you need to understand what phonemes are used in English and in your native language. Then you try to forget the native one when using English (not easy to do as they come automatically).

If you like Karaoke, this is also a good exercise (and fun at the same time).

Edited by Martin on 10/1/2010 at 6:03 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello Martin,

Thanks so much for your response. I'm thinking maybe I need a book to study to improve my english speaking and how to use presence and past tense. I need to know how to make a speech in a public.

Your immediate response will be highly appreaciated

Expert:  Martin replied 6 years ago.
There is many grammar books for that, you can start with something like this [click me] (that series of book is always of great quality). To get better past tense skills, you can try to read biographies. This summer i started this book (yet to finish it) [click me], it's interesting to know why some weird English part came to be, making them more easy to remember.

Edited by Martin on 10/2/2010 at 3:43 PM EST