Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

My wife and I have a poster which she took off John Lennons

My wife and I have a poster which she took off John Lennon's car in 1970 in London England at the premier of the movie The Magic Christian. The poster Reads Britain Murdered Hanratty. Also with the poster we have a newspaper artical from the next day showing John Lennon and Yoko Ono holding a poster the same, along with many articles about John and Yoko protesting this at that time. we also contacted Yoko by E-mail and she wrote back that she remembered it well and is fairly sure that John printed the posters himself. My quesrion is how do we go about finding out which steps to take to have it valued and where to go from here.
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 6 years ago.

I have a company that does certifying and grading of Posters. They do charge a fee, but once you have the documentation, certification and authenity, verified, you can name your price. With a rare piece like the poster you have described you should have auction houses will to sell on consignment. Please see this link for information:

You can contact them here:

I hope this helps. Joan

Edited by Joan on 9/30/2010 at 6:04 PM EST