Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

i have a sculpeur by antoine berub named st. jean portjoli

i have a sculpeur by antoine berub named st. jean portjoli p.q. fait a la main can you tell me naything about it [email protected]
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 6 years ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer.

The artist name is Antoine "Bérubé". "st. jean portjoli p.q." is the place where the sculpture was made: Saint-Jean-Port-Jolie in p.q. "province of Québec". "Fait à la main" mean hand made. I know the town a little bit (it's only 1 hour from me).

The tiny town is internationally known for the amount of sculptors that live there and the International sculpture contest held there.

I don't know the artist or the age the sculpture may have (perhaps dead now) but some stuff produced there is simply amazing and are among the best in the world. The artist may live there but he could also have made it in a trip or as a contestant. As the town only have 3300 of population, all artists know each others, you could ask some of them if they know Antoine. Here is a list of resident artists living in or around that little town (i should say village) that have website you could use to contact them (most probably speak French but some can speak English): [click me]. If this was helpful to you, don't forget to click the accept button.