Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Do Mormons celebrate or consider as holy Joseph Smiths birth

Do Mormons celebrate or consider as holy Joseph Smith's birth day and birth place, like Muslims do with the prophet's birth place and birth day?
Hi Customer, and welcome back to Just Answer.

After researching this important question for you, I have found that yes, the anniversary of the birthday of Joseph Smith (December 23, 1805), who is the Founder and first Prophet of the Mormon Church, is celebrated by Mormons on that day. You can read more about Joseph Smith, here:

Joseph Smith, Jr.'s gravesite is in Nauvoo, Illinois near the Smith Homestead. He is buried with his wife, Emma Smith, and his brother, Hyrum. The site is currently owned by the Community of Christ (formerly known as the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints).
This is a picture of his burial place:

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT'. Your positive feedback will also be greatly appreciated. If you need additional information or further assistance, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Best wishes,