TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

I have a collection of American Railroad train plates from

I have a collection of American Railroad train plates from Danbury Mint which are numbered with certificate authentication. Some are porcelain and some are pewter. How do I find out the value and how/where to sell them? another collection is of Hamilton Collection plates, Butterfly Garden by Paul J. Sweany and another collection of plates by Bessie Pease Gutmann in porcelain.
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.
Hello, The American Railroad plates are selling in the $15.00 to $20.00 range. The Butterfly plates are not holding their value and you can expect to get around $5.00 each. The Bessie Pease Gutmann plates are bringing $5.00 to $7.50 with a few rare plates bringing up to $30.00, the heart shape plates are bringing $10 to $15.00. The seem to sell better when you sell them in a set of 4 to 8 plates and you can sell them on eBay or Craigslist. These items do better nearer to Christmas (anytime between November 15th and December 15th) when people buy them for gifts and they must be in mint condition. Thank You Tom Please click accept.