Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Hi, I have a very old mounted - hand colored lithograph, with

Hi, I have a very old mounted - hand colored lithograph, with the following information listed on the border.

Title - Mount Hood, from the Columbia
other info: R.S. Gifford. A

Entered according to act of congress .AD.1874 by D. Appleton & Co. in the off.
of the libranian of congress

R. Hinshelwood
Like to know if it is of value & if so what might it be worth? Condition - looks perfect!
Hello Pat F., and welcome back to Just Answer.

I've found this print at the following website and you can compare to your own to see if it is the same:

Because it is a lithograph and not an original, it would not be worth as much as the original, of course, but if it is hand colored, it may be worth more than the one seen at the site above. In order to get an more accurate evaluation, it would be a good idea to have your lithograph appraised in person by an experienced, licensed antique document appraiser/dealer in your local area.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT'. Your positive feedback will also be greatly appreciated. If you need additional information or further assistance, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Best wishes,