A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

I have an antique hutch which i bought 12 years ago at an antique

I have an antique hutch which i bought 12 years ago at an antique store in Florida.It is a 2 piece very big I notice the name Rway on one of the inside drawer. I was told that is was once in an auction in West Palm beach Florida. I paid $325.00 for it. I told myself if i relocate again i won't be hassling with it because it is too big and tall . Can somone please tell me something about my over size hutch. Sign Judith Francis -cole
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 6 years ago.

Hello, Judith,

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. The Rway name (Sheboygan, Wisconsin) was used from 1949 until the company went out of business in the early 1960s, so that dates your hutch. It isn't an antique since it isn't 100 years old. It's value is as good used furniture. You should readily recover what you paid for it when you decide to move and sell it, perhaps even get a premium of 25% or so if it is in excellent condition.