John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience:  Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
53785
Type Your Question Here...

Im unable to size my spreadsheet. The top is hiding under

I'm unable to size my spreadsheet. The top is hiding under the ribbon band so I can't grab the top edge to resize. The bottom worksheet tabs are also hidden. How to do I fix this? I do I prevent this from happening again. gammie
Category: General
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

If you can see part of the Title Bar on top, double click on it and the sizing control boxes will appear on the upper right corner of the screen.

Or just right click on the Title Bar and choose 'Move' then use the cross cursor to drag the title bar around

Hope this is ok. Please feel free to reply if you need further clarification or click Accept if this answers your question fully.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Let me try to explain this better: I am able to grap theTitle Bar and move that window. It is the actual spreadsheet that I'm unable to move and re-size because I can't see the bar above the A, B, C, row. Make sense? I can re-size the Excel window, but not the Excel document.
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

Ok, if you can see the 'bar above the A, B C, row' just double click on that bar and the sizing controls will show up on the right side of that bar. That should do it

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply if you need further clarification or click Accept if this answers your question fully.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
But I CAN'T see the 'bar above the A, B, C row, therfore I CAN'T double click on that bar. The bar is tucked up under the Ribbon band. When I minimize the Ribbon, it stays tucked.
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

Sorry I must have misread your previous answer.

Ok now I understand what's going on.

Click the View tab from the Ribbon, then in the Windows group click Arrange All, then choose Cascade. This should restore the title bar and sizing controls.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you any questions