A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

Is there any value to old glass christmas ornaments I have

Is there any value to old glass christmas ornaments? I have a large box full, some still have tags saying the european country that the were from. Others old but not marked. Guessing most are around 100 years old.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. There is indeed a market for old ornaments, particularly nice ones from what was then Czechoslovakia. You should check your local area for antique dealers who deal in a lot of glass. You should also check Ebay. What we used to buy in the 1950's from the five-and-time is now fetching $$$. I envy your collection and I think you will be very pleased at the value if you can stand to part with them.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1311&_nkw=vintage+glass+christmas+ornaments&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Edited by VA-NP on 9/21/2010 at 9:38 PM EST