Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

I am trying to calculate the cost for UPS Shipping of two packages

I am trying to calculate the cost for UPS Shipping of two packages weighing 60lbs total, packaged and shipped ground from 97520 to 10590, value $1200 insured delivered to UPS STORE and sent to residential address.
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Hi, welcome back to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

After using the UPS calculation device I have come up with a figure that totals $169.04 for ground shipping dropped off at a UPS store location with the zip code you provided and dropped off at a residential address at the latter zip code provided. Just for example purposes I made each package 24"x24"x24", 30 pounds and $600 declared value to come up with the totals you provided. I also included delivery confirmation with signature required (because of value). Fuel charges, delivery confirmation and declared value add about $30 total to the shipping. Now, what would decrease this total figure by quite a bit is by having smaller boxes. I'm not sure what exactly you're shipping, but if you could use significantly smaller boxes than 2' square you would reduce the price. I also tried a 12" square box and got a total figure (including above additions) of $105.62. I hope this gives you a rough figure to go by. Of course, once you have the items at the UPS store they'll be able to give exact figures for each box. Best regards!

If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Once I have satisfactorily answered your question, please press ACCEPT as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!