Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

I just purchased a buffet from a porch sale. The history is

I just purchased a buffet from a porch sale. The history is that it was a wedding present to a local woman who would be > 100 years old. The only offical paper I can find on it is a label on the back of it, stating Alliance Furniture Co. Dining Room Furniture Jamestown NY. It is a very dark wood,with felt and dividers in the top thin drawer. Two small drawers on either side of that drawer, then three drawers down the center with two large doors on either side. Have you ever heard of this Co? Have you any idea what it may be worth?
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 6 years ago.

The Alliance Furniture Co. was established in 1905 by a group of eight partners of Swedish heritage in Jamestown, NY. The company was said to have manufactured higher quality dining-room furniture until the late1950s. There is not too much on the company other than what I have posted above. With something like this piece, your best bet is to contact an Antique Furniture Dealer and see if they have something comparable. It is very hard to get a price without seeing the wood, craftmanship, and condition as that all plays into the value of the piece. Joan

Edited by Jav917 on 9/21/2010 at 9:27 PM EST