Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

i just read in the, where google may have check-in

i just read in the, where google may have check-in with some kind of phone or gizmo. i wanted to tell you as a gardener, that the nursery called greenjeans ( in marin, right off 101 near the 131 exit), is the only local nursery anyone who is growing organically can get the bulk items they need. the other nursery is down in palo alto, (on college, off el cam real) called commonground. people are spending way too much on feed product, but how to get this info to them? i do lots of consulting, and people are not aware the 5 pond boxes are very expensive. also people do not know how to apply the correct things. is there a way google can help people be better home gardeners? perhaps i could help locally in san francisco to answer garden questions and lead gardeners to the right answer. not many use a soil test to begin their query of how do i get an organic approach going in my yard. i use perry soil lab in watsonville. how do i share what i know to the google users?

If you want to know how to become an Expert for go to this link:
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
donna, i don't understand your answer. i wanted to plug in to local gardening queries in sf.
Hi there,

In addition to considering Donna's suggestion of joining as a gardening Expert, it might also be a good idea to either join some established web gardening sites where you can share your excellent expertise and information, and/or start your own website/blog. It is relatively inexpensive to pay for a domain name and then you can easily design and maintain your site, specializing in local gardening in and around S.F. You would have to pay a fee to advertise on Google, though, so you could come up in searches. Here are some examples of existing home gardening sites and blogs:

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT'. Your positive feedback will also be greatly appreciated. If you need additional information or further assistance, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Best wishes,
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i was actually looking for a google response re: the check-in; as well as the fine help i received. thanks to both, my level of competence in designing a website is not that functional.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply and your accept.

I haven't been able to find any information re: the 'check-in' option you refer to on Google, wiht a phone or other gizmo. Both the Moderator and I understood from your question, that it was important to you to impart the gardening information/knowledge you have with others, hence, our suggestions. I found your question intriguing and will continue to research the Google aspect. If I find any further information, I will be sure to let you know.

Cher (sending this as a 'request for information' only so you are not prompted to click 'accept' an additional time as the system would prompt, but no reply is needed)

Edited by Cher on 9/19/2010 at 6:46 PM EST