TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

Does anyone know if there is some sort of monetary reward for

Does anyone know if there is some sort of monetary reward for reporting government contract collusion that leads to a conviction?
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.

Hello, Yes there is rewards sometimes but you have to follow specific guidelines and it is complicated enough that you have to hire an attorney.

Here is a site that gives information on the law,

This site is tied to lawyers who file such cases but I provide it only because it is the easiest way to get the information in an understandable format. Thanks Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the response. I checked out the site and am not sure it is pertinent. Most of those cases seem to be associated with fraud in medical situations. This is potential fraud by a prime contractor working with a DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) to manipulate bid pricing on government funded contracts. I was wondering if there was some sort of incentive to continue to push for investigation and hopefully prosecution. A lot of time has been invested in researching the suspected fraud and it has been reported to the appropriate state agency but I would like to know, once the situation has been confirmed by that agency, if there is some sort of reward for reporting this situation in the first place.

Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.

Hello, The examples may be for Medicaid fraud but the law applies to all types of government contract fraud. Here is the link to the actual law . I hope this makes it clearer but the way its written it may not. Thanks Tom