A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

I dont know if anyone can do this for me. I am trying to find

Customer Question

I dont know if anyone can do this for me. I am trying to find out about ancestor of mine Edna Klockgeter Reynolds. She was quite an influential woman and has listings in 'Who's who of American women' and 'Two thousand Women of Achievement'. As I am not in the US I cannot access these books. I dont know if it is just as easy as calling in a library and copying the information or not, but that is what I require. I have more information if needed. Thanks.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. If your local library does not have the volumes listed below (as well as the other one you mentioned) they can order them through inter-library loan. There should not be a charge to you, but it can take some weeks to ship the volumes from library to library. It would cost us the same amount to access them online as it would you.

• Who's Who of American Women. Seventh edition, 1972-1973. Wilmette, IL: Marquis Who's Who, 1971. (WhoAmW 7)
  • Who's Who of American Women. Eighth edition, 1974-1975. Wilmette, IL: Marquis Who's Who, 1973. (WhoAmW 8)
  • Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    I am in the UK, and cannot access these at all. Are these not in your librarys at all?
    Any library anywhere can order them for you. They can also be ordered for us at libraries here if I could take a day off from work ($$$$$), drive 15 miles to the library, pay$17.00 for parking plus $.50 per page for copying.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    Yes, I understand your answer. Before I accept your answer, you have listed two volumes of the Who's Who books. How do you know if she is in these books?? I dont want to track down the wrong ones. Thanks

I know she is there because I checked my online subscription genealogy database. The type of information found those types of publications is fairly general so you may want to keep that in mind. It typically gives the name of the person, address, educational achievements, job title, what they are considered "famous" for. It may list husband and children. Unless someone is exceedingly accomplished (think prime ministers, presidents, Nobel laureates), the blurbs rarely go beyond 1-2 paragraphs.

As an amateur genealogist, I can tell you I've never heard of your ancestor and could find her in only one place. The only hit I got on her in all my databases was what I gave you in the answer above. She isn't listed in familysearch.org (the huge Mormon database), Rootsweb WorldConnect, or any of the other typical places you would find the name of someone accomplished.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Before I accept your answer, I have now been told that there are different editions for the Who's who of American Women. Do you know which edition that she is in???

Thanks

As I originally posted, she is in the 7th and 8th editions for 1972-3 and 1974-5. You can refresh your memory of the citations below.

• Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    sorry its my mistake, apparently there are different editions of Two Thousand American Women, this is the one I mean.

I've never heard of that publication, and neither had the librarian at our state library. Evidently it had a very small circulation since the librarian had never heard of it and could find no record of it in her resources.

A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
    Experience: 30 years in research
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    Ok thanks
    You're so very welcome. I wish you lots of success finding more information about her.