Anna
Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
Type Your Question Here...

Gentlemen I would like to know the value of a old rocking

Gentlemen: I would like to know the value of a old rocking horse that I have, but I do not know which company made it or how old it is. I can give you a description of it, and see if you know when it was made and if it is a rare antique or not. It is a toddlers spring loaded rocking horse with stirrups for little feet, with botXXXXX XXXXXen branding symbols all bolted to a silver steel frame. It has two pegs coming out of the ear area for holding onto and wooden pegs where the stirrups are attached to. Can you help me out where to go on the internet or somewhee else to find out some more info. Thank You for your time. Jim
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 3 years ago.
Hello Jim,

Is the horse itself made of wood or plastic?

Is the mane and tail made of hairlike material?

How long have you had the horse, and where was it found?

Is it possible for you to post a photo of it? If so, you can upload one by clicking on REPLY, then on the little green tree icon in the tool bar.

Thank you for the additional information.

Anna
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Anna, the horse itself along with the mane and tail are of plastic, painted, including the saddle(mostly in black, with red trim, along with gold type painted saddle bags, with a gold four sided oblong diamond located on the top forward part of the saddle)with the reigns in red color all hooked together around the face of the horse with a gold painted cirlce on both sides. The horse itself is suspended by 4 springs all bolted on a steel platform with red covered caps, with wooden moldings below on both sides, one horizontal, and one vertical, both with branding symobols of circles and other symbols, inside the circles it's one letter turning into a bottom letter(one is Mp, the other is Tb). I found it in a building that I bought on a farm acreage, and have had it for 20 plus years, but I do not know how to upload a photo, unless I send you one personally. Thanks, Jim
Expert:  Anna replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for getting back to me, Jim. JustAnswer policy doesn't permit personal e-mails, so we'll have to work from your description. I've done a little research with no results so far. I plan to keep working on it, and will post more when I find something for you. I appreciate your patience.

Anna
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Anna, just thought you should know that it is a toddlers riding horse suspended by 4 big springs that will rock back and forth but the frame of round steel tubing that the horse is connceted to does not rock back and forth. Thanks, Jim
Expert:  Anna replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX know the type you're referring to. They're often called spring horses. The most valuable antique ones have wooden horses on metal stands. They may sell for several hundred dollars. Plastic ones with manes and tails of hair are second in value. Most of the all plastic ones that are still around are of a type called "Wonder Horse," which were manufactured in the 1950's and 1960's. There were also several imitators from less famous manufacturers. In excellent condition, these may sell for up to $100, but most are not in excellent condition. The majority of them would fall in the range of $25 to $50, depending on if they are genuine Wonder Horse or imitators, and what condition they are in. Some sell for as little as $5. If yours is a genuine wonder Horse, you should be able to find that name somewhere on the horse, so I suspect that it is one of the imitators. The best place to try to sell such a horse is probably E-bay.

If you have more questions, just let me know by clicking on REPLY.

Anna
Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience: Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.