10cowife, Consultant
Experience:  15+ years consulting
Type Your Question Here...

what is a good price for a late 1800 apple ciper mill

what is a good price for a late 1800 apple ciper mill ?
Category: General
Expert:  10cowife replied 6 years ago.
That depends on if you're buying or selling!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

The best way to determine the value of an object is to compare it to what objects of similar age and style are selling for. Based on the limited information you gave, I checked what several vintage cider presses were selling for both on Craigslist and Ebay.

Based on the information there LINK HERE, and the condition of your press, I would guess you could get around $400 MAXIMUM for the item. What I would do if I were selling, would be to watch one of the cider press auctions and when it has sold take note of what it sold for. Try to match the one you're watching as close to your actual item to sell for the most accuracy.

Having said that, my husband and I ran across a late 1800s, early 1900s cider press that was all metal in a Goodwill shop one time and it was in near perfect condition. They only were asking $50 for it which we wanted to grab up because we felt it was an incredible deal. We were in the process of moving, however, so we did not purchase the item -- someone else got a steal, that's for sure.

Regardless, the price for such an item depends on several factors: how many people want it and the condition. Your location will also be a huge factor. If you are near where the mill may be in greater demand, you can get more out of it (I'm assuming you're selling).

Hopefully you will find this advice helpful. If you have any further questions on this item, please reply.