Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I have an authentic New Orleans bed and need to have it appraised.

I have an authentic New Orleans bed and need to have it appraised. The posts are fluted and 8 ft. 6in. tall. It is made out of Cherry. Who should I contact?

Randy McCollum [email protected]
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi Randy, and welcome to Just Answer.

It would be best to contact a furniture appraiser or antique furniture appraiser (if your bed is an antique), in your local area (which you can find in your Yellow Pages), to have someone come to your home and appraise your bed for you.

I wish you much good luck!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 9/9/2010 at 10:44 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am concerned that the person who comes out could be outside his area of expertise and way off the mark for my particular item. Are there some credentials I can ask for?
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, Randy, and thanks for your reply.

You can ask if the company and/or person you have come out, is a licensed appraiser and ask to see credentials of that type. For example, they should be a member of the International Society of Appraisers, and you can read about the credentials of a licensed and experienced appraiser at the site below, just to get an idea:
http://www.theauthenticappraisal.com/credentials.php

Also, if your item is an antique, they should have credentials and experience in appraising antique furniture.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 9/10/2010 at 5:33 PM EST