Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
Type Your Question Here...

what time of the year do take fusia cuttings and re-pot.

what time of the year do you take fuchsia cuttings and re-pot
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

The very best time of year to take cuttings is in the spring. the plant is in active growth then, and is more likely to produce sturdy, thriving plants from the cuttings. However, it can be done at any time of year except winter. I've found that at least some of the cuttings will root in the fall. I place them in a jar of water and wait for new roots to grow, then place them in pots. The following site has step-by-step instructions ons electing the best cuttings, preparing them, and getting them started. It gives details on starting the cuttings in a medium rather than plain water, if you prefer to do it that way.

If you have more questions, let me know by clicking on REPLY. I hope you'll be successful with the propagation.