10cowife
10cowife, Consultant
Experience:  15+ years consulting
Type Your Question Here...

will animals be in heaven If so can you give scripture to

will animals be in heaven ? If so can you give scripture to support this idea?
Category: General
Expert:  10cowife replied 3 years ago.
Yes! In the Bible, Isaiah refers to the lion laying down with the lamb in Isaiah 11:6-9, King James Version.

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

“And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

“And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den.

“They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.”

Here are several viewpoints regarding animals, heaven, and the afterlife the first being the best explanation with gospel sources to me.

LINK HERE

Next, here are several links to website for protestant and catholic versions of why animals will be in heaven. These websites seem to focus on covenants made between God and man that include animals although most of them focus on creation and extrapolating those covenants to cover the afterlife.

LINK HERE

LINK HERE

Lastly, an ancient Egyptian view of animals as deity is HERE.

Hopefully you will find these varied readings helpful in formulating your own belief regarding animals and the afterlife. Personally, I believe that animals will be resurrected the same as humans and that man will be held accountable for his treatment of animals. Although I do not propose vegetarianism (I believe animals were placed here for man's use and survival, but not abuse and gluttony!). All animals are God's creation and, as a pet owner and dog lover, I look forward to the day we will be able to communicate even better with them than we already do!

If you find this helpful, please ACCEPT and leave FEEDBACK. If you have further questions on this one item, please reply.

Sincerely,
Lizabeth
10cowife
10cowife, Consultant
Experience: 15+ years consulting