Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Hi, I have just transported my brand new mink fur coat, as

Hi, I have just transported my brand new mink fur coat, as I have been moving to another country. I packed it in a airshipment, in a special garment bag, and it was placed on the top of the shipping box. The airshipment took longer than expected - 3.5 weeks, and the coat arrived totally creased, not only along the fold lined, but also the fur is pressed. Is there any way to restore its looks?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi, and welcome back to JustAnswer!

What you're describing is 'crushed' fur, and I'm so sorry this happened to your coat during transport.

There is little else for you to do at home, but shake the coat out several times, and hang it up on a broad hanger in an open space so it is not further damaged by being pressed up against other coats/clothing.

The only way to completely restore the coat would be to bring it to a professional furrier, if you're fortunate to find one where you're living now. If you need help locating a furrier or fur repair store, please tell me your location and I'll try to research that for you.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,

Edited by Cher on 8/20/2010 at 4:06 AM EST