Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Experience:  I am a good researcher
Type Your Question Here...

Our minister wants to baptize his own child in front of our

Our minister wants to baptize his own child in front of our congregation at an upcoming Sunday service. It seems inappropriate to me, performing duel roles as minister and parent. It also seems a little egotistical. Is there anything wrong with this? [email protected]
Category: General
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 6 years ago.
It really depends on your beliefs and the beliefs of your congregation. Sometimes parents marry their children. As long as everyone agrees to it, there really isn't anything wrong with it as right and wrong are usually relative. Think about your values and as long as this doesn't go against them, just remember that the meaning of the baptism remains the same, regardless of whether the minister is also the father. In fact, it may even contain more outward meaning to everyone else due to the relationship.